22 April, 2006

Silent Hill

I just saw the film Silent Hill yesterday. I have never played the games it is based upon. I didn't even know that the movie was based on a game until I started reading other reviews of it.
I have read that it is the worst movie of the year. That is hogwash!

It wasn't a great movie, but it wasn't a bad movie either. To be honest this review describes my feelings about it perfectly. The town in the movie even had a little reality behind it: Centralia, PA.

This movie did not depend on CG for its creatures/monsters, but used actors in costume and did so splendidly. Nice reminder that their are still effects "wizards" like the Henson Creature Shop in existence.

My biggest complaints were in respect to the ending and background story. I think I understood the ending of the movie... but I am not entirely certain. I will have to discuss it with other brave movie goers who disregard the critics ;) I felt the background story fell short of explaining the goings on in Silent Hill. But both of these shortcomings added to the artsy nightmare effect that the film had going for it.

If you don't mind movies on the artsy side and can look beyond the flaws, then this movie can be enjoyable. I will stand against the Bigtime movie critics and rate it a bloody KILLING SPREE. Don't beleive me? The average Yahoo user grade is an impressive B.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?